You don’t have to be an email marketing expert to know that all your email recipients aren’t the same. You simply have to sit back and think about the ways you differ from your family members, friends and coworkers to find examples of just some of the ways your email recipients might differ from one another.
Because the people who receive your emails vary, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to send every one of them the same message, does it?
The Benefits of Segmentation
Luckily, you no longer have to settle for sending the same email to everyone on your contact list. Today, many free, user-friendly tools make it a breeze to segment your list of recipients into groups so you can send more personalized and relevant messages.
When you separate your recipients into different groups, you’ll position yourself to achieve better results with your email marketing. A study conducted by MailChimp compared the results of 2,000 users who sent about 11,000 segmented campaigns to almost nine million people with the results of the unsegmented campaigns those same users conducted. This comparison revealed that email list segmentation can:
- Increase open rate by 14.31 percent
- Increase unique opens by 10.64 percent
- Increase clicks by 100.95 percent
- Decrease bounces by 4.65 percent
- Decrease unsubscribes by 9.37 percent
As far as revenue goes, the results of email list segmentation can be even more dramatic. When it compared blanket email campaigns to segmented email campaigns, the Direct Marketing Association found that the segmented campaigns increased revenue by 760 percent. If that’s not enough to convince you about the power of segmentation, consider this – email marketing typically generates $38 in ROI for every dollar spent on the activity.
Ecommerce Email Marketing Best Practices
If you want to enjoy the benefits that segmenting your list of email subscribers has the potential to yield, it’s important for you to employ some best practices. Here are some of the ecommerce email marketing best practices you should follow:
- Begin with basic segments and create email campaigns that specifically target each of the individual groups you make
- Create profiles of your ideal clients that you can use to create email campaigns that are directly relevant and meaningful to each group of email subscribers
- Collect data about your existing customers and your prospects on a continual basis
- Test and optimize your segmented email campaigns on an ongoing basis
- Automate the segmentation of your email subscriber list
Trust DB Marcom with Your Email Marketing
If you want to take your email marketing to the next level of success, you should trust us to handle it for you. We offer email marketing services that are specifically designed to make sure your messages end up in the right inboxes at the right times. We’ll create and conduct segmented email campaigns for you so you can focus on other critical aspects of your business while you reap the benefits of email list segmentation at the same time. And we’ll provide regular updates about your segmented email campaigns.
To learn more, contact DB Marcom today.